For the past several months my spice cabinet has been a bit of a thorn in my side. Every time I opened it up, nothing could be found. My method was basically like this. Look at every jar and bottle and shove it to the other side of the shelf in an attempt to find what I needed. This is what I was dealing with!
This is absolutely NOT acceptable...EVER! Unless you enjoy living in chaos. Which I don't advise.
No wonder I found four containers of Paprika! HUH!? FOUR....all because I couldn't find what I was needing and kept buying it (in bulk, clearly). Can I blame it on Mr. Study? He's the one that bar-b-ques and smokes. Tee-hee-hee.
Knowing I didn't want to do anything that took alot of time and wanting it to be budget friendly, I went to the garage. I had several pieces of culled lumber we had picked up from Home Depot for "just in case" projects.
I measured the length of my cabinet and cut the lumber to fit. A quick sanding and staining had this project done before noon.
The fun part was putting it all together. I tried to put spices I use frequently closest to the front and easy to see.
You can see that I stacked two full length pieces and then another short one. I used an additional short piece on one side only, leaving plenty of room for the items that get daily use. Well, not daily. I like to think daily. Things I used less often, like honey, extra sea salt and peppercorns, molasses, etc were put on the top two shelves.
We'll see how long this looks this good. I should take a picture in a month and compare. I know it's no pinterest spice cabinet. But it works for me.
Now if only all spices would come in perfectly stacking tin cans. Then the world would be at peace. My world at least.
You've not seen the last of this cabinet yet. I'm serious about taking a picture in a month.